kafka-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Rapolu <cnu.t...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka running on AWS - how to retain broker.id on new instance spun-up in-place of instance/broker failed
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2018 18:48:56 GMT
Hello Kafka experts,

We are running Kafka on AWS, main question is what is the best way to
retain broker.id on new instance spun-up in-place of instance/broker failed.

We are currently running Kafka in AWS with broker.id gets auto generated.
But we are having issues when a broker is failed, new broker/instance
spun-up in AWS get assigned with new broker.id. The issue is, with this
approach, we need to re-assign the topics/replications on to the new broker
manually.

We learned that, replication can be auto resolved by Kafka, if we can
manage to get the same broker.id on the new AWS instance spun-up in-place
of failed broker/instance.

I have read, we can set broker.id.generation.enable= false, but what is the
best way to identify and retain the broker.id? Any links/help is
appreciated.
Thanks and Regards,
Cnu