kafka-users mailing list archives

From Marco Ippolito <ippolito.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Despite of log.retention.hours=168 the log files of messages sente yesterday are not present
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 08:57:12 GMT
Hi all,
yesterday I installed Kafka 2.0 in my Ubuntu 18.04.01 Server Edition and
followed the QuickStart instructions and explanations till successfully
deploying the Step 7 : https://kafka.apache.org/quickstart

Today I discovered that there are no kafka-logs- files  in /tmp , despite
being directly explicitated in the related server.properties files:
server.properties :
  # A comma separated list of directories under which to store log files
 log.dirs=/tmp/kafka-logs
# The minimum age of a log file to be eligible for deletion due to age
log.retention.hours=168

 server-1.properties :
# A comma separated list of directories under which to store log files
log.dirs=/tmp/kafka-logs-1
# The minimum age of a log file to be eligible for deletion due to age
log.retention.hours=168

server-2.properties :
# A comma separated list of directories under which to store log files
log.dirs=/tmp/kafka-logs-2
# The minimum age of a log file to be eligible for deletion due to age
log.retention.hours=168

Why did it happen, despite of the successfull follow-up of the first seven
steps of the QuickStart tutorial? And what to do in order to keep the Kafka
Log files, which contain the messages sent between the producers and the
receivers though the Kafka brokerage?

Looking forward to your kind help.
Marco