kafka-users mailing list archives

From Avinash Shahdadpuri <avinashp...@gmail.com>
Subject Replica Fetcher errors for Deleted topics
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2018 10:24:10 GMT
Hi,

We are seeing a weird behavior for deleted topics on our cluster. Broker
logs have following messages, the cluster appears to be healthy except for
these messages.

ERROR [ReplicaFetcher replicaId=1, leaderId=5, fetcherId=0] Error for
partition deleted-topic-20 to broker
5:org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException: This
server does not host this topic-partition.
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)

My first instinct was topic deletion failed. It indeed was the case, the
broker dirs were deleted but zookeeper nodes still existed.

I went and deleted zookeeper nodes

delete /config/topics/<topic_name> delete /brokers/topics/<topic_name>
delete /admin/delete_topics/<topic_name>

No client application is trying to access these topics. We still see the
errors like these

ERROR [ReplicaFetcher replicaId=1, leaderId=5, fetcherId=0] Error for
partition deleted-topic-20 to broker
5:org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException: This
server does not host this topic-partition.
(kafka.server.ReplicaFetcherThread)

Has anyone run into this issue?

What would be the best way to resolve this?

Thanks,

Avinash