kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Bemchmarks for KTable Joins and Queries
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 20:23:56 GMT
I am not aware if benchmarks, but want to point out, that KTables work
somewhat different to relational database system. Thus, you might want
to evaluate not base on performance, but on the semantics KTable provide.

Recall, that Kafka Streams is a stream processing library while a
database system is a "batch processing" system. It's two quite different
types of systems and benchmarking them to compare each other is
questionable.

-Matthias