kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Despite of log.retention.hours=168 the log files of messages sente yesterday are not present
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2018 20:18:56 GMT
/tmp/kafka-logs is just a convenient default, but not a reliable folder
to store data. /tmp/ might be cleared by the operation system. Note that
the quickstart is not designed to give "production ready" configuration
etc. It's just to play with the system.

You should change the config accordingly.

-Matthias