kafka-users mailing list archives

From imamba <imamba_ka...@163.com>
Subject kafka cluster size planning
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 07:26:26 GMT
Hi, there,
    We will deploy a large-scale kafka cluster using kafka 2.0.0 in production environment
recently, as JunRao recommend in cluster-limit lately,  to accommodate for the rare event
of a hard failure of the controller, it is better to limit each broker to have up to 4,000
partitions and each cluster to have up to 200,000 partitions. We plan to possess 2k topics
each with 4k partitions and two-replicas, it is clearly reaching the cluster-wide limit recommended
in above blog. Can such a large-scale kafka cluster meet our production demand well?

ps: broker hardware configuration described as follows:
24 cores
256G mem
10Gbps nic
22*4T sata disk

Any advise/guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!