kafka-users mailing list archives

From Peter Levart <peter.lev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: two consumers in same consumer group get same messages
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:58:06 GMT
Hi,

On 12/26/18 10:53 AM, MCG wrote:
> I'm not talking about orderliness, but that the same consumer group, the same partition,
is consumed by multiple consumers. I use kafka-consumer-groups.sh and org.apache.kafka.clients.admin.AdminClient
to validate the results. Because the same consumer group subscribes to a topic, the same partition
cannot be consumed by multiple consumers. But that happened.

This could be classified as "at least once" semantics. Was that
happening when a new consumer joined the group and partitions were
re-balanced? Was this only a transient condition for a few messages or
was it that two consumers were consuming same messages for a long time?

Regards, Peter