kafka-users mailing list archives

From 赖剑清 <laijianq...@tp-link.com.cn>
Subject RE: Kafka data log retention policy for topics
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 09:02:30 GMT
Hi,

Could you have a try using the kafka-config.sh in kafka’s bin folder?

From: Parth Gandhi [mailto:parth.gandhi@excellenceinfonet.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 10:20 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Kafka data log retention policy for topics

All,

We can set the retention policy for kafka logs from the server.properties which will be applied
to all the topic by default. However is there a way to set up the different log retention
policy for different topics?

Also does kafka record the message in time  while storing the message as log? I randomly checked
few logs and did not see it. Below is a screen capture of one of my partition. What are these
NULL values?

[image.png]

Thanks,
Parth Gandhi
DevOps

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended
solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation
of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived
by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer
and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving
and compliance. To find out more Click Here<http://www.mimecast.com/products/>.