kafka-users mailing list archives

From Mikael Petterson <mikael.petter...@ericsson.com>
Subject Messgages from different sites
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2018 11:55:16 GMT
Hi,
We have one application that produces various data ( dataset1, dataset 2 ....) at various
sites when our application is executed. Currently dataset1, dataset2 ..... is stored into
separate *.json data files for each execution.

We don't want to transfer the data when we are running the application. The reason for it
is that
application might not be able to connect to database, for various reasons. We want the producer
of data to notify consumer ( just a central one if possible) that it has data and where data
is located. Then consumer get it. Or is there a better way..... Consumer will then push the
data for one execution to the db.

Our application can run at various sites.

Site 1 Producer1  -------> Consumer1 ---> db
Site 2 Producer1 -------> Consumer1  ---> db
Site 2 Producer2 -------> Consumer1  ---> db
Site 3 Producer1 -------> Consumer1  ---> db
Site x Producerx --------> Consumer1 ---> db

I need user input if someone else out there has used Kafka in this way? Is it recommended?
Or is there alternatives?

Br

//mike