kafka-users mailing list archives

From Manoj Khangaonkar <khangaon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka rebalancing message lost
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2018 16:25:23 GMT
Rebalancing of partitions consumers does not necessarily mean loss of
message.

But I understand it can be annoying.

If Kafka is rebalancing between consumers frequently, It means your
consumer code is not polling within the expected timeout, as a result of
which
Kafka thinks the consumer is gone. You should tune your consumer
implementation to keep the polling loop duration reasonable. See
heartbeat.interval and session.timeout.ms
configuration params in documentation.

regards

--
http://khangaonkar.blogspot.com/