kafka-users mailing list archives

From Edmondo Porcu <edmondo.po...@gmail.com>
Subject How does the /tmp/kafka-streams folder work?
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2018 11:22:08 GMT
Hello Kafka users,

we are running a Kafka Streams as a fully stateless application, meaning
that we are not persisting /tmp/kafka-streams on a durable volume but we
are rather losing it at each restart. This application is performing a
KTable-KTable join of data coming from Kafka Connect, and sometimes we want
to force the output to tick so we update records in the right table from
the database, but we see that the left table is "stale".

Is it possible that because of reboots, the application loses some messages
? How is the state reconstructed when /tmp/kafka-streams is not available?
Is the state saved in an intermediate topic?

Thanks,
Edmondo