kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Santilli <jonathansanti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setup GC log rotate policy for kafka broker servers
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2018 12:56:03 GMT
Hello Parth,

I would recommend avoiding rapid restarts, it means, restarting the Brokers
immediately one after the other, also (in my opinion, avoid restarting the
Brokers all at once).
According to my experience and my opinion, it is better to restart one by
one, but wait until the restarted Broker catch-up/sync with the rest of the
Brokers and then continue with another, like this until you restart all of
them.
Hope this helps,

Cheers!
--