kafka-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Trunk Build Failure with Gradle 5.0
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 16:28:56 GMT
there are at least 12 things that can go wrong with any gradle build
if you can provider a link to the source-tree you are building
we can be narrow down the reasons you are experiencing
NoSuchMethodError  for
 ____ version of Kafka

T & R
________________________________
From: Boyang Chen <bchen11@outlook.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 3:41 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org; Users
Subject: Kafka Trunk Build Failure with Gradle 5.0

Hey friends,

I'm wondering anyone has seen this error before:

Could not find method annotationProcessor() for arguments [org.openjdk.jmh:jmh-generator-annprocess:1.21]
on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

Basically I'm building the trunk using intellij and it failed on cross-configure project :jmh-benchmarks.

Another issue I detected was that the org.mockito library was not found during project build,
which is also no clue yet.

Any suggestion on further debugging would be really appreciated.

Boyang