kafka-users mailing list archives

From Nimi Wariboko <nimi.warib...@livereachmedia.com>
Subject Programmatic method of setting consumer groups offsets
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2019 00:13:33 GMT
Hi,

Is there a guide or API that is implemented that can modify stored offsets in Kafka? For example,
I'm looking to set a consumer groups stored offsets in Kafka to a specific value. I know there
is the `kafka-consumer-groups` CLI command, but I'm looking for a way to do so from an application
(without calling out to the shell).

I know I could potentially create a consumer, while joining a consumer and committing offsets
this way, however I've been trying this and it seems error prone - very often I end up with
issues where this method is only able to commit a subset of offsets.