kafka-users mailing list archives

From Kaushik Nambiar <kaushiknambia...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka servers starting and stopping abnormally
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 04:17:52 GMT
Hello,
I am having a 3 node -3 zookeeper cluster.
My Kafka version is 0.11.x.x.
I am seeing that my Kafka servers start and stop frequently.
We can see atleast 25 start-stop activity per minute.

This abnormal behaviour started to happen after we had an os upgrade for
the underlying VMs.

The is upgrade was performed non multiple similar clusters.But only one of
the clusters seems to behave in this manner

Due to the continuous starting and stopping of the machines,I can also see
increased offline partition count and unclean leader elections.

Any specific reason for this issue ?
Also can you guys suggest a solution ?

We tried stopping all the Kafka nodes and starting it again.
It would stop okay,but once they start up,we could see the same problem .

Regards,
Kaushik Nambiar