kafka-users mailing list archives

From Федор Чернилин <investorme...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Kafka connect tasks rebalancing
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2019 09:50:42 GMT
Hello. I'm concerned about the following question.
The documentation of Kafka Connect states that
"When a worker fails, tasks are rebalanced across the active workers. *When
a task fails, no rebalance is triggered as a task failure is considered an
exceptional case. As such, failed tasks are not automatically restarted by
the framework and should be restarted via the** REST API
<https://docs.confluent.io/current/connect/managing/monitoring.html#connect-managing-rest-examples>.*
",
but when one of my tasks failed, I got next
[image: Снимок.PNG]
I.e. rebalancing happens. Why? And can I manage this? Thanks