kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: question about kafka topic
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 02:57:03 GMT
What error do you exactly see?

On 3/10/19 10:35 AM, K R, Rakesh wrote:
> Sorry I did not mention one point. I am seeing this error on consumer side.

simply be delivered to a different broker.

> However, if a broker is in bad shape, it could get leaderhship revoked and a healthy
broker would get leadership assigned. The producer can detect this automatically.

> If you don't want to get an error back but you want the producer to retry, you can increase
config parameter `retries`. Note, that there are two types of errors, retryable and non-retryable.
For non-retryable errors, the producer will always rethrow the error, because, as the name
suggests, it won't make sense to retry because the same error would be returned by the broker
on retries, too.

> Hope this helps.
>

> -Matthias
>

> On 3/7/19 11:27 PM, Calvin Chen wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have a question about kafka topic, recently we face kafka client sending message
to kafka topic issue, got error about offset, and client can not send message to kafka cluster.

>> My question is, since we configure kafka servers to one cluster, when cluster get
message, will it try it best to deliver message to good host's partition? say, if cluster
forward message to host A's topic partition, but it failed, then will cluster find another
host's partition and redeliver the message? or just simply return error message to client?