kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: question about kafka topic
Date Sun, 10 Mar 2019 17:31:06 GMT
Writes, must always go to the partition leader, ie, if an error occurs,
the message cannot simply be delivered to a different broker.

However, if a broker is in bad shape, it could get leaderhship revoked
and a healthy broker would get leadership assigned. The producer can
detect this automatically.

If you don't want to get an error back but you want the producer to
retry, you can increase config parameter `retries`. Note, that there are
two types of errors, retryable and non-retryable. For non-retryable
errors, the producer will always rethrow the error, because, as the name
suggests, it won't make sense to retry because the same error would be
returned by the broker on retries, too.

Hope this helps.

-Matthias

On 3/7/19 11:27 PM, Calvin Chen wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about kafka topic, recently we face kafka client sending message to
kafka topic issue, got error about offset, and client can not send message to kafka cluster.

> My question is, since we configure kafka servers to one cluster, when cluster get message,
will it try it best to deliver message to good host's partition? say, if cluster forward message
to host A's topic partition, but it failed, then will cluster find another host's partition
and redeliver the message? or just simply return error message to client?