kafka-users mailing list archives

From Raghav <raghavas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KIP-272: Add API version tag to broker's RequestsPerSec metric
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 21:24:05 GMT
Hi

The above KIP broke our graphs when we moved from 1.1 to 2.1. I can see
that this has been mentioned in the Release Notes. We were using Java
client to aggregate metrics using mbean, but now the same code cannot work
even after we provide the version string as mentioned here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-272%3A+Add+API+version+tag+to+broker%27s+RequestsPerSec+metric

Can someone please help with some sample Java code snippet that actually
shows how to get this metric and aggregate it over all the version.

I really hope that someone can help here to help us overcome our broken
graphs.

Thanks. Regards.

--
Raghav