kafka-users mailing list archives

From Matt Veitas <mvei...@gmail.com>
Subject Offset commit failed on partition - The request timed out
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:37:16 GMT
We have been seeing a number of timeouts for offset commits: `Offset commit
failed on partition mytopic-12 at offset 16578269: The request timed out.`.

These failed requests are sporadic and not causing a problem "yet", but we
would rather like to understand what could the causes of something like
this be and what sort of tuning might resolve this or reduce the number of
these timeouts.

If I am reading the code right, this error is coming from one of the
brokers (most likely during replication). We do see that other offsets are
committed without an issue in that request.

Our cluster consists of 3 brokers and has a `min.insync.replicas` value of
2. This only happens less than 10x per day and appears that on retry works
just fine so it's not a critical issue.

Thanks in advance,
Matt