kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Rahul Agarwal (Flipkart Data Group)" <rahu...@flipkart.com.INVALID>
Subject Kafka replication throttling on broker level
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2019 07:04:44 GMT
Hi,

We are using Kafka 1.0.2 and wanted to rate limit when a broker is replaced
and it syncs up with other brokers in the cluster. I followed the below doc
for the same:
https://kafka.apache.org/10/documentation.html#rep-throttle

According to this
document, leader.replication.throttled.rate,
follower.replication.throttled.rate
can be applied on broker level which I did but it didn't do anything. I had
to apply leader.replication.throttled.replicas,
follower.replication.throttled.replicas too *which this document doesn't
mention anywhere(that replica config needs to be applied too for rate
config to work)*. We don't want to apply replica config per topic level
basis as when new topics are created, we will have to apply the same config
for them too. Is there any way to do the same?

Also, can you please update the documentation too?

Thanks,
Rahul