kafka-users mailing list archives

From Bill Bejeck <b...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Partition Strategy in Kafka Stream
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2019 16:01:02 GMT
Hi Neeraj,

I have a couple of questions, are you trying to adjust the partition
assignment of records consumed by streams?  In that case, you can assign a
custom partition assignor for the producer sending records to the topic
feeding the streams application.  If you are trying to do custom partition
assignments for the topics streams is *producing to *then you can provide a
custom StreamPartitioner like so stream.to(topicName,
Produced.with(keySerde,
valueSerde).withStreamPartitiioner(YourCustomStreamPartitioner)

Does this help?

-Bill