kafka-users mailing list archives

From Rammohan Vanteru <ramz.moha...@gmail.com>
Subject How to handle kafka large messages
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2019 11:20:26 GMT
Hi Users,

Let me know if any one faced this issue.

I have went through multiple articles but has different answers. Just want
to check with kafka users.

Below are the setting i have on kafka cluster. What are the tuning
parameters to overcome this large message size issue.

Kafka version: 0.11
Number of nodes in a kafka cluster: 3 nodes
Number topic and partitions: 1topic and 10 partitions.
Message size: upto 5mb
Max.messages.bytes on topic is 2mb

Error message:

201904-09 00:00:02.469 ERROR 35301 --- [ad | producer-1]
c.b.a.s.p.KafkaTelemetryConsumer : Failed to send TelemetryHarvesterServer
with data size 1090517 to kafka.

org.springframework.kafka.core.KafkaProducerException: Failed to send;
nested exception is org.apache.kafka.common.errors.RecordTooLargeException:
The request included a message larger than the max message size the server
will accept.
```