kafka-users mailing list archives

From Chad Preisler <chad.preis...@gmail.com>
Subject kafka test issue
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2019 19:49:03 GMT
It seems like the Kafka test driver is not compatible with the latest
kafka-streams API. When I use the following two dependencies together.

<dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
           <artifactId>kafka-streams-test-utils</artifactId>
           <version>2.2.0</version>
           <scope>test</scope>
       </dependency>
<dependency>
           <groupId>org.apache.kafka</groupId>
           <artifactId>kafka-streams</artifactId>
           <version>2.2.0</version>
           <scope>compile</scope>
       </dependency>

I get the following compiler error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.kafka.common.serialization.Serializer.serialize(Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/apache/kafka/common/header/Headers;Ljava/lang/Object;)[B
    at

In my unit test file for this function call:

testDriver.pipeInput(statusFactory.create(TopicNames.ENVELOPE_STATUS,
"1000",
               new Status("FIN", "1000", "d200", EnvelopeState.DRAFT, new
Date().getTime(), "draft", null, null)));

Anyone run into this problem? Changing to version 2.0.1 or Kafka Streams
makes everything work.