kafka-users mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <wadechand...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customers getting duplicate emails
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 13:36:23 GMT

> On May 10, 2019, at 8:26 AM, ASHOK MACHERLA <iAshok7@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Team
>
> In our project, for SMS/Email purpose we are using Kafka cluster and Real-time Notification
which is our custom application.

> We are sending to messages from Kafka to Real-time Notification, and then SMTP Gateway
servers.

> Our problem is ,sometimes customers are getting same email for multiple times.
> During this time consumer is goes to Rebalancing mode.
>
> How to overcome this,
> Right now, we have 10 partitions for Kafka topic and 10 consumers.
>
> Can you please suggest us to fix this one.
>
> If you required any information/logs, I’ll share to you .

Are you using automatic or async commits versus sync (commitSync); meaning you’d have some
processed messages during this time. Now, it is possible that every now and then even considering
that you could have this issue; let’s say you have some network issues and can’t commit
after you have sent an email, but the other scenarios are more likely I believe. At this link
see the section “Offsets and Consumer Position”.

Wade

Wade Chandler
e: consult@wadechandler.com
t: @wadechandler