kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Marc Hyppolite <jean.marc.hyppol...@outlook.com>
Subject Kafka hardware requirements
Date Sun, 05 May 2019 18:49:58 GMT
Hello,

I would like to know the impact of running kafka in production on virtual machines connected
to a SAN (Storage Area Network)? (I mean the impact on kafka performance, what would be a
max limit in terms of number of messages per second, number of producers and consumers, kafka
can deal with ...). If we have no choice of running kafka on that kind of "hardware" what
would be the deployment guidelines along the with the max limit of number of messages per
second, of producers and consumers?

Thank you.

Jean-Marc.