kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jigar Rathod <jrat...@interactivebrokers.com>
Subject RE: Seeing issue with log cleaner thread
Date Fri, 03 May 2019 20:55:52 GMT
Did you unable log.cleaner.enable?
" Enable the log cleaner process to run on the server. Should be enabled if using any topics
with a cleanup.policy=compact including the internal offsets topic. If disabled those topics
will not be compacted and continually grow in size."

https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashwarya, Tanvi <ashwarya@msu.edu>
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2019 4:35 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Seeing issue with log cleaner thread

I'm seeing a problem where I have some compacted topics on my kafka cluster (3 node). When
there is a fresh startup of kafka and zookeeper, and I create compact topics with a service
running that writes to this topic, I see log cleaner thread is not running. It has no logs
in /var/log/kafka/log-cleaner.log. How can I manually start the log cleaner thread if it doesn't
start by itself? What is a good way to monitor log cleaner thread?

Tanvi