kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Parthasarathy, Mohan" <mpart...@hpe.com>
Subject Kafka streams in Kubernetes
Date Sat, 08 Jun 2019 22:08:27 GMT
Hi,

I have read several articles about this topic. We are soon going to deploy our streaming apps
inside k8s. My understanding from reading these articles is that stateful set in k8s is not
mandatory as the application can rebuild its state if the state store is not present. Can
people share their experience or recommendation when it comes to deploying the streaming apps
on k8s ?

Also, let us say the application is using a tumbling window of 5 mts. When an application
restarts, is it correct to say that it has to re-build the state only for that 5 minute window
for the partitions that it was handling before. I had an instance of such a restart where
it was running a long time in REBALANCE which makes me think that my understanding is incorrect.
In this case, the state store was available during the restart. Can someone clarify ?

Thanks
Mohan