kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Colin McCabe" <co...@cmccabe.xyz>
Subject [VOTE] 2.3.0 RC1
Date Wed, 05 Jun 2019 06:17:18 GMT
Hi all,

This is the first candidate for the release of Apache Kafka 2.3.0.

This release includes many new features, including:
* Support for incremental cooperative rebalancing
* An in-memory session store and window store for Kafka Streams
* An API for allowing users to determine what operations they are authorized to perform on
topics.
* A new broker start time metric.
* The ability for JMXTool to connect to secured RMI ports.
* A new and improved API for setting topic and broker configurations.
* Support for non-key joining in KTable.
* The ability to track the number of partitions which are under their min ISR count.
* The ability for consumers to opt out of automatic topic creation, even when it is enabled
on the broker.
* The ability to use external configuration stores.
* Improved replica fetcher behavior when errors are encountered.

Check out the release notes for the 2.3.0 release here:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/RELEASE_NOTES.html

The vote will go until Friday, June 7th, or until we create another RC.

* Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release can be found here:
https://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* The release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary) are here:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/org/apache/kafka/

* Javadoc:
https://home.apache.org/~cmccabe/kafka-2.3.0-rc1/javadoc/

* The tag to be voted upon (off the 2.3 branch) is the 2.3.0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/releases/tag/2.3.0-rc1

thanks,
Colin