kafka-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Kafka on Windows (Production environment)
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2019 12:58:10 GMT
Kafka cannot be run on Windows in production. There are problems with
memory map allocation/releases which results into fatal shutdown. On Linux
it’s allowed, but on Windows it’s prevented.

You can reproduce this by setting a small log retention period on your
windows and test with a QuickStart.

It’s advisable to run it on Docker or Linux VM.

Thanks,