kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Parthasarathy, Mohan" <mpart...@hpe.com>
Subject Re: RecordCollectorImpl: task [1_1] Error sending records
Date Thu, 06 Jun 2019 17:56:05 GMT
After changing the log level for Kafka streams from warn to error, I don’t see this message.
These messages were huge blobs of numbers preceded by the subject line of this message. This
can be a big pain in production where you will run out of space.

Can someone tell me what this error means ? It seems to be okay but not sure about what we
are missing

________________________________
From: Bruno Cadonna <bruno@confluent.io>
Sent: Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:53 PM
To: users@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: RecordCollectorImpl: task [1_1] Error sending records

Hi Mohan,

Could you post the log messages you see and you think you should not see?

It is hard to help you without any actual logs.

Best,
Bruno

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 6:52 AM Parthasarathy, Mohan <mparthas@hpe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As mentioned here

> I do see these logs turned on by default. We are running 2.2 and I still see the error.
It looks like the fix is in 2.0. What am I missing ? It seems to be logged in “WARN” level
instead of “debug” level. It spews a huge amount of binary data. How can I turn this off
?