kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Byzantine Fault Tolerance Implementation
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 05:32:54 GMT
What kind of stability problems do you have? It is surprising to me that you have them and
it is unlikely that you have them due to a specific consensus algorithm. If you have stability
issues then I would look at your architecture for weak spots.

Btw. Paxos is a consensus mechanism. Bft just describes a specific type of failures in distributed
systems, so implement BFT does probably not make sense.

> Am 27.08.2019 um 06:36 schrieb Nayak, Soumya R. <snayak@firstam.com>:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> Currently Zookeeper and Kafka cluster are Crash Fault Tolerant.
> Zookeeper uses a version of Paxos - Zookeeper atomic broadcast. Is there any plan in
future or current in progress where zookeeper will be implemented with a BFT algorithm. This
might help to have a more stable distributed environment when we have the cluster across different
machines.