kafka-users mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring the following properties in confluent cloud
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2019 19:17:03 GMT
kevin-

in the producer initialisation code you can set SSL properties via System.setProperty

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs","com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
 Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

 // uncomment the following code to turn on the trace for SSL
 // System.setProperty("javax.net.debug","all");

?does this not work for you?

*bon chance*

________________________________
From: Kevin Perera <kperera@ippon.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, August 6, 2019 10:21 AM
To: users@kafka.apache.org <users@kafka.apache.org>
Subject: Configuring the following properties in confluent cloud

Hello! I'm trying to set up confluent cloud and publish using a java
program. According to confluent, I need to set the following parms:
Though, is there a way to configure these properties with a Java producer?
I can set the bootstrap servers well enough, but I'm struggling to
implement these other parameters.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm=https
sasl.mechanism=PLAIN
request.timeout.ms=20000
bootstrap.servers=***
retry.backoff.ms=500
sasl.jaas.config=org.apache.kafka.common.security.plain.PlainLoginModule
required username="******" password="******";
security.protocol=SASL_SSL