kafka-users mailing list archives

From Lisheng Wang <wanglishen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some of the Kafka consumers are not getting the messages from the broker
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 14:27:20 GMT
Hi Sampath

the description of fetch.max.bytes is following from
https://kafka.apache.org/documentation/#consumerconfigs

The maximum amount of data the server should return for a fetch request.
Records are fetched in batches by the consumer, and if the first record
batch in the first non-empty partition of the fetch is larger than this
value, the record batch will still be returned to ensure that the consumer
can make progress. As such, this is not a absolute maximum. The maximum
record batch size accepted by the broker is defined via
message.max.bytes (broker
config) or max.message.bytes (topic config). Note that the consumer
performs multiple fetches in parallel.

the point is "if the first record batch in the first non-empty partition of
the fetch is larger than this value, the record batch will still be
returned to ensure that the consumer can make progress".

just wanna make sure the issue you are facing is not related to that.

Best,
Lisheng

sampath kumar <sampath088@gmail.com> 于2019年8月21日周三 下午8:36写道: