kafka-users mailing list archives

From Raman Gupta <rocketra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Streams close timeout calculation
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2019 13:20:14 GMT
Why not just set it to a really big number, try closing about 10 times
with a stopwatch, and see what your actual close times distribution
looks like?

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:19 AM Simitchiyski, Kaloyan
<kaloyan.simitchiyski@sap.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a good way to calculate an efficient timeout for the KafkaStreams#close(Duration)
method?
> I’ve experienced some problem with my stream application because the timeout was too
low but I also don’t want to set a timeout that’s bigger than the necessary.

> Currently, I’m calculating it based on the partition count of the topic that the stream
application reads from (e.g. 1 second for every partition), but I’m curious if there’s
a better, time-tested way to do that.