kafka-users mailing list archives

From Xiangyuan LI <flashmouse2...@gmail.com>
Subject A new way migrate replica from old broker to new one
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2019 08:03:13 GMT
Hi,
Now our kafka cluster has 5 brokers that broker.id is 1,2,3,4,5.

We want to decommission broker 1 and add new broker 6,we expect that all
replica in broker 1 could migrate to broker 6,and nothing change for 2~5.

Now we have an idea.our servers are in aws,we plan to remove  disk from
broker 1,and add it to broker 6,then modify broker6's broker.id to 1,and
then add it to cluster.

now we have broker 2~6,but broker 6's broker.id is 1,i want to know whther
we could do so?

thx..