kafka-users mailing list archives

From 李海军 <lihaijun0...@gmail.com>
Subject Metrics of BytesRejectedPerSec keeping rising
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 08:07:35 GMT
Hi all,

We have a kafka cluster consisted of 6 brokers with the version of
kafka_2.11-0.10.2.1. These days we saw a continuous increasing on the
metrics of "BytesRejectedPerSec" on broker 1. I already knew that this
could happen when the message records were too large and raise a
"RecordTooLargeException" on the client side, which could be seen in the
client's log by using "Callback()" in the send method or just adapting the
log level to debug.

However, from the perspective of the server side, there are no logs about
the exceptions at all. Since there are too many producers involved in the
clusters and checking all the client logs is out of the question, how could
I find these certain topics causing "BytesRejectedPerSec" in the server
logs?

Thanks in advance.

Sinsecrely,
Haijun