kafka-users mailing list archives

From Alex Brekken <brek...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Streams incorrect aggregation results when re-balancing occurs
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2019 03:07:22 GMT
Thanks guys.  I knew that re-processing messages was a possibility with
at_least_once processing, but I guess I hadn't considered the potential
impact on the state stores as far as aggregations are concerned.  So with
exactly_once, it must roll-back commit(s) to the state store in a failure
scenario?  I haven't dug into the code to see how it works, but given the
behavior I'm seeing it must..

Tim - I actually saw your related question from last week right after I
sent mine.  :)

Alex