kafka-users mailing list archives

From Eric Lalonde <e...@autonomic.ai>
Subject Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC0
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2019 17:21:25 GMT
Hi all,

Also seeing repeated failures of kafka.api.SaslPlainPlaintextConsumerTest > testCoordinatorFailover:

kafka.api.SaslPlainPlaintextConsumerTest > testCoordinatorFailover FAILED
    java.lang.AssertionError: expected:<None> but was:<Some(org.apache.kafka.clients.consumer.CommitFailedException:
Commit cannot be completed since the group has already rebalanced and assigned the partitions
to another member. This means that the time between subsequent calls to poll() was longer
than the configured max.poll.interval.ms, which typically implies that the poll loop is spending
too much time message processing. You can address this either by increasing max.poll.interval.ms
or by reducing the maximum size of batches returned in poll() with max.poll.records.)>

Given the nature of the error, it may be a timing issue in the test itself, but it is repeatable,
so I thought I’d raise it.

To reproduce:

$ ./gradlew integrationTest

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 11:02 AM, Eric Lalonde <eric@autonomic.ai> wrote:
>
> This test has been failing when executed from the command line. I have not run this test
in an IDE.

>> On Nov 18, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Bruno Cadonna <bruno@confluent.io <mailto:bruno@confluent.io>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> ClientMetricsTest.shouldAddCommitIdMetric should only fail if executed
>> from an IDE. The test fails because the test expects a file on the
>> class path which is not there when the test is executed from the IDE,
>> but is there when the test is executed from gradle. I will try to fix
>> the test so that it can also be executed from the IDE.
>>
>> Best,
>> Bruno
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 6:51 AM Vahid Hashemian
>> <vahid.hashemian@gmail.com <mailto:vahid.hashemian@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thanks Manikumar for managing this release. Looking forward to it.
>>>
>>> I built binary from the source and was able to successfully run the quickstarts.
>>>
>>> However, this streams unit test also fails for me constantly:
>>>
>>> ClientMetricsTest. shouldAddCommitIdMetric
>>>
>>> java.lang.AssertionError:
>>>  Unexpected method call StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id",
"The version control commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, "unknown"):
>>>    StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id", "The version
control commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, and(not("unknown"), notNull())): expected:
1, actual: 0
>>> at org.easymock.internal.MockInvocationHandler.invoke(MockInvocationHandler.java:44)
>>> at org.easymock.internal.ObjectMethodsFilter.invoke(ObjectMethodsFilter.java:101)
>>> at org.easymock.internal.ClassProxyFactory$MockMethodInterceptor.intercept(ClassProxyFactory.java:97)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --Vahid

avoid further delays in testing the release.