kafka-users mailing list archives

From Eric Lalonde <e...@autonomic.ai>
Subject Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC0
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 19:02:14 GMT
This test has been failing when executed from the command line. I have not run this test in
an IDE.

> On Nov 18, 2019, at 6:16 AM, Bruno Cadonna <bruno@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> ClientMetricsTest.shouldAddCommitIdMetric should only fail if executed
> from an IDE. The test fails because the test expects a file on the
> class path which is not there when the test is executed from the IDE,
> but is there when the test is executed from gradle. I will try to fix
> the test so that it can also be executed from the IDE.
>
> Best,
> Bruno
>
> On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 6:51 AM Vahid Hashemian
> <vahid.hashemian@gmail.com <mailto:vahid.hashemian@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Manikumar for managing this release. Looking forward to it.
>>
>> I built binary from the source and was able to successfully run the quickstarts.
>>
>> However, this streams unit test also fails for me constantly:
>>
>> ClientMetricsTest. shouldAddCommitIdMetric
>>
>> java.lang.AssertionError:
>>  Unexpected method call StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id",
"The version control commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, "unknown"):
>>    StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id", "The version control
commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, and(not("unknown"), notNull())): expected: 1,
actual: 0
>> at org.easymock.internal.MockInvocationHandler.invoke(MockInvocationHandler.java:44)
>> at org.easymock.internal.ObjectMethodsFilter.invoke(ObjectMethodsFilter.java:101)
>> at org.easymock.internal.ClassProxyFactory$MockMethodInterceptor.intercept(ClassProxyFactory.java:97)
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --Vahid
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 14, 2019 at 10:21 AM Manikumar <manikumar.reddy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,
>>>
>>> This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 2.4.0.
>>> There is work in progress for couple blockers PRs. I am publishing RC0 to avoid
further delays in testing the release.