kafka-users mailing list archives

From Sergi Vladykin <sergi.vlady...@gmail.com>
Subject Transactional Producer
Date Sat, 23 Nov 2019 20:32:12 GMT
Hi!

I have two questions related to transactional producers:

1. Is it OK to mix transactional and non-transactional approach with a
single KafkaProducer instance? I mean sometimes I want to publish multiple
messages transactionally, but oftentimes just a single message. Starting a
transaction for publishing a single message looks inefficient. What is the
recommend approach here?

2. If I publish multiple messages to multiple partitions in a single
transaction is it guaranteed to be all or nothing published? Is it possible
to end up with only half of the messages published to half of partitions in
some failure scenario?

Sergi