kafka-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Cadonna <br...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: [kafka-clients] [VOTE] 2.4.0 RC0
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:16:00 GMT
Hi,

ClientMetricsTest.shouldAddCommitIdMetric should only fail if executed
from an IDE. The test fails because the test expects a file on the
class path which is not there when the test is executed from the IDE,
but is there when the test is executed from gradle. I will try to fix
the test so that it can also be executed from the IDE.

Best,
Bruno

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 6:51 AM Vahid Hashemian
<vahid.hashemian@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Manikumar for managing this release. Looking forward to it.
>
> I built binary from the source and was able to successfully run the quickstarts.
>
> However, this streams unit test also fails for me constantly:
>
> ClientMetricsTest. shouldAddCommitIdMetric
>
> java.lang.AssertionError:
>   Unexpected method call StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id",
"The version control commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, "unknown"):
>     StreamsMetricsImpl.addClientLevelImmutableMetric("commit-id", "The version control
commit ID of the Kafka Streams client", INFO, and(not("unknown"), notNull())): expected: 1,
actual: 0