kafka-users mailing list archives

From "M. Manna" <manme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kafka Partition Leader -1
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2019 23:37:58 GMT
Hi,

> On 7 Nov 2019, at 09:18, SenthilKumar K <senthilec566@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Experts ,  We are observing issues in Partition(s) when the Kafka broker is down
& the Partition Leader Broker ID set to -1.

> Kafka Version 2.2.0
> Total No Of Brokers: 24
> Total No Of Partitions: 48
> Replication Factor: 2
> Min In sync Replicas: 1
>

> Partition                                             Leader         Replicas
   In Sync Replicas

> See above the Partition 41 leader set to -1 ,  the replicas exist in 18,24. The broker
id 24 went down for due to Too many open files.

> Q: Why is it not electing the broker 18 as a leader for Partition 41?
>
> Had a similar problem in Past, after fixing the broker the partition shows correct leader.

> Kafka Properties:
> default.replication.factor = 2
> unclean.leader.election.enable = true
> min.insync.replicas = 1
> num.partitions = 48
>

> Zookeeper Active Broker ID's:
> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 1] ls /kafka.test/brokers/ids
> [1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9]
> [zk: localhost:2181(CONNECTED) 2]
>
> Restarting ZK also didn't help.
>
> Pls advise! How to fix this? Why is this happening?
Your attachment image didn’t come through. Also, not sure what’s your ID assignment strategy
is, Keeping Broker iD 0 has caused some problems for me in the past. With ID >=1 I haven’t
had any issue as such.

Also, you mentioned you “Fixed the broker” in the past. What exactly did you fix?

Regards,