kafka-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jorg.heym...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kafka-console-consumer --value-deserializer with access to headers
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2019 14:37:00 GMT
Thanks for helping debugging this. You can reproduce the issue using below deserializer, and
invoking kafka-console-consumer with --value-deserializer=my.BasicDeserializer . As you will
see, when the consumer starts receiving messages only "SERDE WITHOUT HEADERS" is printed to
the console.

Thanks,
Jorg

public class BasicDeserializer implements Deserializer<String> {

    @Override
    public void configure(Map<String, ?> configs, boolean isKey) {
        System.out.println("CONFIGURE");
    }

    @Override
    public String deserialize(String topic, byte[] data) {
        System.out.println("SERDE WITHOUT HEADERS");
        return new String(data);
    }

    @Override
    public String deserialize(String topic, Headers headers, byte[] data) {
        System.out.println("SERDE WITH HEADERS");
        return new String(data);
    }

    @Override
    public void close() {