kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Tauzell, Dave" <Dave.Tauz...@surescripts.com>
Subject Re: [External] Auto Scaling in Kafka
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2019 13:58:02 GMT
If you run in the cloud I think there are some solutions.  If you think you might need to add
brokers in the future then make sure you create enough partitions ahead of time.   It is easier
to add brokers and have them take over existing partitions than it is to re-partition data.

I don't think Kafka is a good fit for scale up, then scale down scenarios but you can setup
to make it easier to scale-up in the future.

-Dave

´╗┐On 12/4/19, 12:10 AM, "Goel, Akash Deep" <akash.deep.goel@accenture.com.INVALID>