kafka-users mailing list archives

From "Matthias J. Sax" <matth...@confluent.io>
Subject Re: Consumer hangs at poll() and never throw exception on client
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2019 07:55:58 GMT
Are both consumers in the same consumer group, ie, use the same `group.id`?

If yes, how many partitions does the topic have? If it has only one
partition, the observed behavior is expected, because a single
partitions can only be read by a single consumer instance per consumer
group. The second consumer won't have any assigned partitions to read from.

-Matthias