kafka-users mailing list archives

From David Garcia <David.Gar...@bazaarvoice.com>
Subject Invalid IP addresses sent from Consumers
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2019 19:07:25 GMT

 Hello, my consumers are reporting invalid IP address.  When running kafka-consumer-groups
–describe… I see the following:

TOPIC        PARTITION  CURRENT-OFFSET  LOG-END-OFFSET  LAG             CONSUMER-ID     HOST
                                  CLIENT-ID

Topic1       12         1319627         1319627         0               consumer1       /xx.yyy.zzz.xxx(non-existent-address)
 client-1-StreamThread-4-consumer

Topic2       8          44604           44604           0               consumer2.      /xx.yyy.zzz.xxy(non-existent-address)
 client-1-StreamThread-3-consumer

I understand that this hostInfo (i.e. the ip-addresses) are reported by the consumers.  How
can I configure my consumers to report the Host information I want?  It’s worth noting that
my apps are running in AWS EC2.  Thx for the help!

-David J. Garcia