kafka-users mailing list archives

From Soman Ullah <somanul...@gmail.com>
Subject Kafka transactions not working in 2.3.1
Date Sat, 07 Dec 2019 14:37:59 GMT
Hello,

I recently upgraded our kafka cluster from Kafka version 0.10.1 to 2.3.1
I've confirmed the version has updated using the following command:

/home/wrte/install/kafka/bin/kafka-topics.sh --version
2.3.1.1_212.11 (Commit:8c923fb4c62a38ae)

However I'm unable to use the transactional features as the producer fails
with

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.UnsupportedVersionException:
The broker does not support ADD_PARTITIONS_TO_TXN

When I double checked the broker api version, it says transactions aren't
supported:

/home/wrte/install/kafka/bin/kafka-broker-api-versions.sh
--bootstrap-server localhost:4443 | grep -i txn
EndTxn(26): UNSUPPORTED,
WriteTxnMarkers(27): UNSUPPORTED,
TxnOffsetCommit(28): UNSUPPORTED,
AddPartitionsToTxn(24): UNSUPPORTED,
AddOffsetsToTxn(25): UNSUPPORTED,

I can also see that a new topic: __transaction_state was created on the
broker. How can I fix this and start using transactions?

Thanks,

Soman