kafka-users mailing list archives

From Branko Terzic <branko.ter...@instana.com>
Subject Kafka consumer metrics
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2019 14:46:04 GMT
Hi everyone,

we want to get Kafka consumer group metrics (throttling and byte rate, for
example).

We have done this already, using:
1. JMX Mbean of the Kafka consumer Java application
2.  CLI utility:  *bin/kafka-consumer-groups.sh --describe --group
group_name --bootstrap-server localhost:port*.

Question:
Can this be done programmatically using some Java libraries?

So far, we have tried kafka.admin.ConsumerGroupCommand, which is also used
by the *bin/kafka bin/kafka-consumer-groups.sh*, but we got only the subset
of expected values.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Branko Terzic