kafka-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Torres <matthew.torres...@gmail.com>
Subject Running Kafka on a single node machine
Date Tue, 10 Dec 2019 07:32:57 GMT
Hi,

I want to convince my company to use kafka as our message queue system, was
wondering if it's possible to run kafka on a single machine. We have a
unique use case where all our microservices is run on a single machine and
currently we are using apache amq as our message queue.

Apache amq is good but I feel that we can improve the robustness of our
system by using kafka. So my question is, will it be possible to run kafka
on a single node/machine as a production. We are using k3s as an
orchestration so whenever kafka goes down it can just restart it.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Thank you!

*Sincerely,*

*Matthew Aldrin S. Torres*